What is Mathcamp?
Canada/USA Mathcamp is an intensive 5-week-long summer program for mathematically talented high school students, designed to expose these students to the beauty of advanced mathematical ideas and to new ways of thinking.
More than just a summer camp, Mathcamp is a vibrant community, made up of a wide variety of people who share a common love of learning and passion for mathematics. At Mathcamp, students can explore undergraduate and even graduate-level topics while building problem-solving skills that will help them in any field they choose to study.
When and Where?
Mathcamp 2019 takes place at Lewis & Clark in Portland, OR from June 23 to July 28, 2019. Learn more about MC 2019.
Why come to Mathcamp?
Mathcamp is a chance to…
- Live and breathe mathematics that is fascinating, deep, difficult, fun, mysterious, abstract, interconnected (and sometimes useful).
- Gain mathematical knowledge, skills and confidence – whether for a possible career in math and science, for math competitions, or just for yourself.
- Set and pursue your own educational goals: choose your classes, do a project, learn what you want to learn.
- Study with mathematicians who are passionate about their subject, from internationally known researchers to graduate students at the start of their careers, all eager to share their knowledge and enthusiasm with you.
- Make friends with students from around the world and discover how much fun it is to be around people who think math is cool.