What is Mathcamp?
Canada/USA Mathcamp is an intensive 5-week-long summer program for mathematically talented high school students, designed to expose these students to the beauty of advanced mathematical ideas and to new ways of thinking. More than just a summer camp, Mathcamp is a vibrant community, made up of a wide variety of people who share a common love of learning and passion for mathematics. At Mathcamp, students can explore undergraduate and even graduate-level topics while building problem-solving skills that will help them in any field they choose to study.
When and Where?
Mathcamp 2014 will be held at Lewis & Clark College in Portland, OR from July 6 to August 10, 2014. Learn more about MC 2014.
Why come to Mathcamp?
Mathcamp is a chance to...
- Live and breathe mathematics: fascinating, deep, difficult, fun, mysterious, abstract, interconnected (and sometimes useful).
- Gain mathematical knowledge, skills and confidence -- whether for a possible career in math and science, for math competitions, or just for yourself.
- Set and pursue your own educational goals: choose your classes, do a project, learn what you want to learn.
- Study with mathematicians who are passionate about their subject -- from internationally known researchers to graduate students at the start of their careers, all eager to share their knowledge and enthusiasm with you.
- Make friends with students from around the world and discover how much fun it is to be around people who think math is cool.